Vail Resorts Housekeeping Supervisor - Kirkwood Mountain Resort in Kirkwood, California
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Kirkwood Resort Lodging’s Housekeeping Supervisor is part of a property management Housekeeping setting and is responsible for supervising daily housekeeping operations. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with a diverse staff in a fast paced environment. They will need to possess great written and verbal communication skills along with being able to keep an even demeanor in stressful situations.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
• Supervision and ongoing training of Housekeepers & Inspectors
• Continuous visual inspections of condominiums to ensure everything is clean and up to brand standards.
• Investigate and resolve complaints, implement and maintain corrective actions, and follow through on staff accountability.
• Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for employees, and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with OSHA regulations.
• Report condo maintenance needs in a timely manner.
• Foster the department's safety culture through training, enforcing company guidelines, and accountability.
• Provide staff training, coaching, and performance reviews for the housekeeping department.
• Develop relationships and communicate effectively with all departments and entities.
• Celebrate successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
1+ year in housekeeping operations
1+ year experience in a supervisory position
Microsoft office especially Excel and Outlook
Knowledge of LMS and PeopleSoft - preferred
English - required
Able to stand for long periods of time – required
Strong communication skills
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work!
If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID [[id]]